Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This fun weekly meme is hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through A World of Books.  It is a great way to take a look at what you read in the past week, what you are currently reading, and to organize that huge TBR pile and decide what to read in the week ahead.  It is also a great way to check out other blogs and see what other bloggers have read and what other readers are anticipating reading.  Maybe you'll find something so interesting you'll have to put down your current read and go pick up that book. 

If you're interested, click on Sheila's blog to find out all the particulars and join in on all the fun.  Maybe you'll even win a weekly prize if you comment on at least 10 of the participating blogs.  It's always great to win a new book.

This past week was a little rough as I spent most of it home sick.  I don't know what happened as over a week ago I was congratulating myself on how healthy I've been and then WHAM! I woke up with a fever, sore throat, ear problem, the works.  After a two hour wait at the clinic, strep throat and a viral infection, a trip to pick up antibiotics and a four-hour nap, I was finally feeling like I could think again.  So, what else do you do when you can't do anything else?   Nap and read, what else?

This is what I managed to accomplish this week:

Soulless by Gail Carriger - I finally finished this one and enjoyed it tremendously.  Here is my review.

The Golden Spiral (Book 2, The Hourglass Trilogy) by Lisa Mangum - I loved this book.  Read review here.

Vampire Theory by Lily Caracci - Do you see a trend happening here?  Read review here.

Virginia by Susan Hughes - This was an interesting read to say the least. 
                                          I still don't know what I think about it as there
                                          was a lot to take in, both religiously and
                                          philosophically. 
                                          Review is forthcoming.

Currently Reading:

Changes by Jim Butcher - Review should be posted this week as I am almost finished.

Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve

Ghosts and Echoes by Lyn Benedict

Intending to Read Next:

Private by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro

A Wretched Man: A Novel by Paul the Apostle by R.W. Holmen

8 comments:

  1. I've been reading great reviews of Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate books. I really need to check them out. The Golden Spiral also sounds interesting. My Monday post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finishing up "The Red Pyramid" by Ric Riordan. So far better than the Percy Jackson series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I got it---the trend is really good reads? :)

    You had a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Private by Patterson sounds good. I just have such a thing for his books lately!

    Hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reading week! I brought Fever Crumb home from the library. Oh, a new one by Patterson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you're not been well this week - hope you're better now! Looks like you managed to get quite a bit of reading done though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your reviews of Soulless and Vampire Theory. I read Soulless and loved it and I've added Vampire Theory to my TBR list.

    I hope you are feeling much better and that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by The Wormhole It looks like you are keeping yourself plenty busy with reading!

    ReplyDelete