Friday, May 7, 2010

Five Question Friday


My Little Life hosts this weekly event that looks like a lot of fun so I thought I'd give it a whirl this week.  What else have I got to do anyways?  It's raining outside, and the dreadful weatherman has even mentioned the...I hate to say the word...the dreaded word...that word I thought I left behind already...SNOW!!!   In May!!!!  I wish I was back in Jamaica right now, but there you have it. 

The idea of this event is to answer the following questions as honestly as possible and link them back to My Little Life.  So here goes...

1) What is your worst memory of your siblings?

Wow...I wish I could say there isn't any, but that would be lying.  The car accident when I was 13 and my sister was 10 comes to mind; we were struck by a transport truck and were so lucky to walk out of our totalled car alive.  I had numerous cuts and scrapes from the flying glass and my left finger still gets numb, even today, but we're alive.  I can still picture the night clearly in my mind, the rain, the wind, the lights from the truck.  I can't stand those trucks even today.

I remember being really worried about my baby sister when she had the chicken pox.  She was just a baby and was covered in them.  I was only eight years old and I seriously thought she was going to die.  I remember going into her room to check on her all the time because I was so afraid.  I used to rub her back and her head to comfort her and sing her songs.

2)  What was your naughtiest childhood memory?  (Must be something you did, no pawning it off on someone else!)

My cousin and I stole chocolate bars from the local grocery store.  I felt so bad I went back afterwards and confessed and I had to clean and wash the floor for an hour.  My cousin never confessed; he ran away, but I never told on him.  I've never told anyone, not even my grandma and grandma, at whose place I was visiting when this event happened.

3) Where do you like to go to relax?

My trailer - It's so relaxing there, but you can only go from May to October.

My bed - I love my bed and hate getting up at 5:30 am to go to work.  Nobody should have to get up before the sun in order to go to work.  I love to curl up in bed and read, especially with the fireplace on.

Holidays anywhere - I love to travel and have been to many places, but I can never get enough.  I'm afraid I was born with a travel bug and as soon as I come home from one vacation, I am already planning and saving for the next.   My dream would be to work overseas for several years.

The couch, with a cup of tea, a good book, a blankie, and the fireplace - You can't get me off the couch when I am in the mood to plant myself there. 

4) What was the last thing you won?

I wish I could say it's that big travel trip for 4 I keep trying to win, but I never do win. (sob, sob)   I think the last thing I won was a book, but it hasn't yet arrived.

5) If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?

Oh, easy!  Deal or No Deal.  The stress would probably kill me, but it would be such fun too.  My husband would want me to keep going until the end, but I would probably play it safe.  Making enough to pay off the mortgage and still have some travel and play money would satisfy me.

Think you'd like to play along?  Link to the above site and have some fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to go on a vacation. I'm way overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by on the blog hop! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete