Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Monday! What are You Reading?

This great weekly event, hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, allows us readers to take a look back at what we read, what we are currently reading, and to focus in on what needs to be done in the week ahead.  It's a great way to check out what other people are reading and to discover new authors and books.  I find it helps to get me more organized each week as life hits hard sometimes and it's easy to get distracted during the week.

This week I didn't get what I wanted accomplished, but I'm okay with that.  I thought I would have more time, but with a baby shower on Saturday and a Baptism on Sunday, and neither close to where I live, I should have known reading would go on the back burner.  It was great to see family and friends though; people we don't get to see often enough anymore because of where we live.

This is what I read/finished:

Something Wicked by Lesley Anne Cowan - This was a fantastic book.  See my review here.  Look for an author interview and giveaway sometime this month.

This is what I am currently reading (I am almost finished all of these books.  I just need to get off my butt and finish them.):

Vampire Theory by Lily Caracci - A great vampire read.  Review will be posted this week.  I am on the last 30 pages.  Hey, it's almost 600 pages long.

Changes by Jim Butcher - Another one I am on the last two or three chapters.

Soulless by Gail Garriger - I don't know why it's taking me so long to read this as it is really great.  I am almost finished this one too.

What's up next?

The Golden Spiral (Book 2)  by Lisa Mangum - I have started this but am only on chapter 2 so I have included it here.

Ghosts and Echoes by Lyn Benedict - I can't wait to read this one.

So, what are your plans for this week?  Did you accomplish what you intended?

9 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Right now i'm reading "A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior by Suzanne Enoch. I started this on the 1st, but i got caught up helping and going to book sales this week. So therefore my goal in the next two days is to finish it. I also plan on putting away all of my new book sale finds that are currently sitting on my desk. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love Soulless. I've only read the first Dresden book, but I liked it too. Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved Soulless and I have Changeless calling my name. I haven't read any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked both Changes and Soulless. I don't know how you can read more than one book at a time. Don't you get the plots confused? Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're enjoying Changes, I finished it last week. I'd love to know what you think of the ending... I'm waiting for my friends to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always read more than one book at a time. I grew up doing it because my mom did it and I'm so used to it, it would feel weird not to have mor than 1 book on the go at a time. My hubby thinks it's weird too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes life get in the way of reading! I was looking at Something Wicked somewhere. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the middle of Love Walked In and enjoying it - hoping to finish in time for the library book discussion Wednesday (it'll be close!)

    You should definitely give Tunnels a try - it's very good.

    Looks like you have a good reading week ahead!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life has a way of doing that! Think of it this way, the payoff when you get to sit down and devour the books (which look fantastic) will be well worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete