Sunday, April 11, 2010

In My Mailbox

This weekly meme, hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren, is a great way to take a look at the books we received in the past week, either for review, those we bought, those we borrowed from the library, or those we won.  I love it as it's a great way to keep track of the ever-growing TBR pile of books.  This is what I got this week.

Books for review:


Wintergirls
by Laurie Halse Anderson

I was thrilled to get this in the mail this week from Penguin Group Canada.  The author explores the struggle of anorexia and the painful pressure to be thin.













Books I won:

Slip of the Knife
by Denise Mina

















Books I bought:

Betrayed (House of Night Series, Book 2)
by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

















Books from the library:


Murder Has No Class (Bellehaven House Mysteries, Book 3)
Rebecca Kent

I am always intrigued by a ghost story.













Snow Job
by William Deverell

I am a staunch supporter of Canadian Fiction.  This novel is nominated for the 2010 Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal of Honour.

7 comments:

  1. Wintergirls is on my to-read list!
    Sometimes, I feel like I'm never going to make a dent in that list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard wonderful things about Wintergirls, so I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! Wow, what is Slip of the Knife?? I'll be looking up that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slip of the Knife sounds really good and I've heard that Wintergirls is fantastic. I like Laurie Halse Anderson's writing. I hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wintergirls looks really good!

    I got one book this week, not something I would normally read, but it's something to review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slip of the Knife is a book about murder and intrigue and a lot of suspense. That is all I know about it at this point. As soon as I read it, I'll post a review and some info. It sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete