Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, is a weekly meme that highlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.  Here are a couple I am looking forward to reading:

Extraordinary
by Nancy Werlin
Release Date: September 7, 2010

Phoebe finds herself drawn to Mallory, the strange and secretive new kid in school, and the two girls become as close as sisters...until Mallory's magnetic older brother, Ryland, shows up during their junior year.  Ryland has an immediate, exciting hold on Phoebe - but a dangerous hold, for she begins to question her feelings for her best friend and, worse, about herself.

Soon she'll discover the shocking truth about Ryland and Mallory: that these two are visitors from the faerie realm who have come to collect on an age-old debt.  Generations ago, the faerie queen promised Phoebe's ancestor five extraordinary sons in exchange for the sacrifice of one ordinary female heir.  But in hundreds of years there hasn't been a single ordinary girl in the family, and now the faeries are dying.  Could Phoebe be the first ordinary one?  Could she save the faeries, or is she special enough to save herself?

Betrayal at Lisson Grove (Thomas Pitt, Book 26)
by Anne Perry
Release Date: September 2, 2010

Surrounded by conspiracy, who can Pitt trust?

13 comments:

  1. I've seen this book on a couple of Waiting for Wednesday posts, it sounds really interesting and who doesn't love faeries? Great pick, I'll definitely buy myself a copy when its released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just come from another WoW post featuring Extraordinary, so it seems to be a popular pick. It sounds great!

    Your blog looks great too - I love the layout! :)

    My WoW pick is up on my blog if you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been noticing this one...magical cover and story.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/waiting-on-wednesday-18/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extraordinary is on my wishlist already. Haven't heard of Betrayal at Lisson Point, probably because it is part of a (rather long) series. Hope you enjoy it.

    This week I am waiting on Crossing the Tracks by Barbara Stuber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great pick; here is mine:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/07/waiting-on-wednesday-gendarme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extraordinary looks like a good read. It's on my wishlist.

    My WOW is here -

    Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extraordinary is getting around, isn't it! I haven't heard of 'Betrayal...' before!

    Mine's here if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extraordinary is popular. I've never heard of the Anne Perry series, though. With 26 books it seems I'm missing out on something! :) My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen Extraordinary a couple of times today and had to put it in my tbr pile! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW is here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this sounds very intersting and something I would like to add to my list. Thanks for the headsup! Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for Extraordinary either, it definitely looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like this one is a popular WoW pic, means I must add it to my TBR list

    http://www.a-little-hope.com

    ReplyDelete