Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I had a nice, long relaxing weekend to celebrate Canada Day!  My family and I went camping, we have a trailer on a permanent lot and enjoy going there on the weekends.  I am on holidays until the end of August so it was nice to be able to relax and just enjoy the time away.  The kids had a great time swimming, playing, singing around the campfire (June had so much rain at least there is no ban on fires so far this summer), relaxing, and just enjoying the extra-long weekend.  And what a fantastic weekend it was!!! The sky was blue, it was hot and sunny; we couldn't have asked for anything better.  I sat on the deck and read during the quiet moments, but I have no Internet access so when I am there I am also away from my blog and my email.  Not necessarily a bad thing, no?  All in all, what a nice way to destress from the busy lifestyle and the stress I have been under these past few weeks.

This meme is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. a place to discuss what we have read this past week, what we are currently reading, and what we are planning to read next week.  Naturally, everything we plan to read depends on our whims, but it always helps to think we have a focus in mind.  As long as I stay out of the library and the bookstore and nothing new arrives in the mail, I am good (lol).

This week I read:

Demon Princess: Reign Check by Michelle Rowen - This was a good sequel to the first book in this series and I really enjoyed it.  Michelle Rowen writes with an engaging charm that tends to captivate the reader and draw them in and makes you feel for the characters in her novels.

Grace Under Pressure by Julie Hyzy - I really enjoyed this mystery book.  Review coming this week.

Flirting with Forever by Gwn Cready - Another time-travelling romance.  Review coming this week.

Currently Reading:

Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

Spirit by Andrew Feder

Up Next on the List:

The Poet Prince by Kathleen McGowan

April & Oliver by Tess Callahan

What did you read last week?

9 comments:

  1. You had a fantastic week. I have Spirit on my shelves waiting for me. Have a lovely week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am planning on reading Wonderous Strange this week too; we will have to compare notes. I also borrowed Darklight so I could red it too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace under Pressure, interesting title for a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came back to say, I love your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish I could be on holidays until the end of August *Dreams*... Nevermind, at least I have a 3 day trip in a couple of weeks :)

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Stephanie -

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I'm glad you introduced yourself because there's another Stephanie who comments and I probably wouldn't have noticed you were someone new!

    You're right - we do seem to have a lot in common. I don't think I mentioned it on my blog this morning but that 3-week road trip we just finished was a camping trip. We have a pop-up trailer we pulled to New Mexico and back (I'm in Delaware, on the east coast). I grew up in Rochester, NY, and have been to various parts of Ontario many times!

    Your weekend sounds very relaxing - hope you enjoy your reading this week - nice to meet you!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your books look wonderful - a couple of titles in there that I hope to read too. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You had a great reading week. I've been wanting to read Wondrous Strange but haven't had a chance yet. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stephanie! You have a beautiful blog. :) The titles in your lists are new to me but I would love to find out more about Flirting With Forever!

    ReplyDelete