Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Monday! What are You Reading?

It's been such an interesting week for my hubby and I.  We had the entire week to ourselves; yes, that means no kids for one whole week as they were at Memere & Dida's and Nanny & Pappa's (that's what happens when you have four different nationalies in your background (lol)).  Although I missed them desperately, I still had a great time: Hubby and I went for long walks, went out for dinner, had a weekend alone at our trailer, went on a 2 1/2 hour boat cruise, got to shop, and generally had a relaxing time.  And tomorrow I pick them up!!  So life returns to normal.   In the midst of that, I had a great time with the GotBooks? Event and finding new blogs that I plan on visiting and spending more time with, learning how to deal with Twitter (I am so new to that, I really don't know what I am doing so bear with me if I mess things up horribly on there), and organizing some fun contests for the future, like BlogFest and Blogmania and a Followers contest.

In the midst of all that, did I get any reading done?  Very little to my ever-lasting shame.  And boy, do I need to catch up with my reading.  So, it's time to focus and get on with it this week.


Hopefully, just writing this post will set me on the straight and narrow.  It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books and focuses on the books you read last week (oops!), the ones you are currently reading, and the ones you intend to read.

What I managed to finish:

The Book of Love by Kathleen McGowan - I absolutely loved this sequel to The Expected One.  It focuses on Matilda, the Countess of Tuscany, and the Book of Love, another lost Gospel.  You can read my review here.

A Wretched Man: A Novel of Paul the Apostle - An interesting book on the life of Paul.  You can read my review here.  The religious theme in these two books was purely coincidental.

What I am currently reading (This could fill a page by itself):

The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman - I am almost finished, but man, is this book riveting.  The hero is completely different from what I expected.

The Secret (of Happiness) by Demonsthenes Armeniades - I am almost finished.  I am really enjoying the twists and turns in this one.

In Free Fall by Julie Zeh - I love the way this author writes.  Too soon to tell how good it will be.

What I Plan on Reading:

Velocity by Alan Jacobson

The Poet Prince by Kathleen McGowan - I was going to read this one back to back with her other book, but the concepts are so deep and philosophical, I need time to reflect before I attack this one.  Can't wait though!!!

What did you read?

9 comments:

  1. I just remembered I didn't add The Left Hand of God to my list to read and I'm glad it's a good one! I hope you enjoy your reads....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely week. Great line-up of books, hope you get some reading time in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds liek a perfect week with hubby. all married couples need a break to just enjoy each other. Hope you have a great week with the kids back too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is great to have a quiet and relaxing week. It helps you recharge. You still got a good amount of reading done. Here is my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be back when you've finished Free Fall. It was very different, and I'll be interested in your take on it!

    have a lovely week of reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time you had! I love nice little breaks like that. Your reading looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a relaxing week and GOT BOOKS? was a blast! Looks like you have some good reading to finish, HAPPY READING!!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your week last week is what mine is this week! My boys are spending a week on their grandparents' sailboat with their cousin (aka the annual Grandkids' Cruise). It's just been a couple of days so far, but we're enjoying the quiet time together. Meeting friends for dinner tonight. I haven't cooked anything since Thursday!

    Hope you enjoy some reading time this week.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly enjoyed the GotBooks? Event and even won something.

    Sue, sounds like you week has been great so far. And it's so good to have time alone with the hubby, isn't it? Even though I miss my kiddies very much.

    Nancy, Free Fall is very different so far, but that's why it's been so enjoyable so far.

    Sheila, I just love the summer. It's so nice to relax. Next week I'm off to Florida and then Myrtle Beach. I won't be near a computer for three weeks.

    Have a great reading week everyone!

    ReplyDelete