This challenge is hosted by Bart's Bookshelf. Although I told myself I was done with challenges for the 2010 year, this one looked so interesting that I couldn't help myself. But this is the last one for me or I will never be able to finish my daily job or get anything done around the house.
The aim is to read 20 books, spread over 10 categories, by the end of 2010.
Here are the categories:
1) Young Adult: Any book classified as young adult or featuring a teenage protagonist counts for this category.
2) T.B.R.**: Any books already residing on your bookshelp as of 1/11/09 count for this category.
3) Shiny & New: Any book bought new during 2010 counts for this category. Books won in giveaways or given to you as gifts, as long as they're new, also count.
4) Bad Blogger's**: Books in this category should be ones you've picked up based solely on the recommendation of another blogger. You need to include the links of the blogger as well.
5) Charity: Books in this category should be ones you've picked up at local charity shops. This can also include books bought for you as long as they were also picked up at local charity shops.
6) New in 2010: This category includes books published in 2010.
7) Older Than You: Read two books that were published before you were born.
8) Win! Win!: This category can include books that you have to read for another challenge, as long as you don't break the rules of that challenge.
9) Who Are You Again?: This category is for authors you have never even heard of before.
10) Up To You!: Choose your own category. Must state what you choose in the sign up post.
1. Must read 2 books from each category, making 20 books in total.
2. The categories are intended to be loose guidelines only, except for those marked with stars.
3. Categories marked with stars have tighter rules, and must be followed.
4. Each book can only qualify for one category.
5. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
6. Books read from 01/01/10 to 12/31/10 are allowed.