Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blog Hop and Follow Friday

It's time for Blog Hop and Follow Friday!

This weekly meme is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books.   Spread the word
on your blog and start hopping.  Go talk about books and have fun!!!!

THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONTell us about the book(s) you are currently reading.

I am currently reading The Secret (of Happiness): An Offbeat Fairytale-Thriller by Demosthenes Armeniades is a novel I knew nothing about when I started reading it, but the writer's style is quirky, fun, and completely mesmerizing and I am totally hooked.  I have no idea what it going to happen, but there is an element of suspense that is keeping me on the edge of my seat, a dark aura around it, and I can't wait to see what happens.

I am also in the midst of The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman and I really don't know what to think about this one, although it has me completely hooked.  It's dark, and the boys have suffered so much abuse at the hands of the Redeemers, it's also heartbreaking, but at the same time, there's an element of hope throughout the novel too.  I can't wait to find out what happens to Cale and the other boys. 



Another great blog hop is Follow Friday, hosted by Rachel @ Parajunkee's View.

------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my corner of the world! 

Quick updates:

Got Books? Contest begins at 12am tonight so don't miss out.  It runs from July 23-24 only and there are some great prizes up for grabs.  Hopefully I'll see you back so the fun can begin!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Hi, Stephanie!

    Just hopping by! I'm already a follower of your blog.

    Cheers!

    -Len-
    Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from the hop - and interested in The Secret of Happinness!! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower, and can't wait to read all your reviews!

    Charlie Quillen @ Life Happens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came by from the hop! The Secret of Happiness looks interesting! I've never heard of it before.

    By the way, I really love your blog theme! It's really cute and unique!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already a follower. Just dropping by to wish you a great weekend!

    Missy @ Missy's Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie, I came over via the Got Books event. Sounds like you got some got books this week! Happy reading.

    My Friday Blog Post: http://leeswammes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through follow friday and I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! I'm hopping by!

    I'm a new follower! :)

    Happy Blogging!

    -Mevurah

    http://theheartofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm stopping by from the hop. I love your blog! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!
    Just stopping in from The Hop! The book your reading sounds interest and I love reading a book I know nothing about.
    Nice to meet you! I'm now a follower :)

    If you have the time check out my blog
    http://scarrletreader.blogspot.com/

    ~Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting read! Found you through the hop and look forward to my next visit.

    Bonnie @ the Literary Gato
    www.theliterarygato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the hop. Have a great weekend!
    talesandtreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it's Monday Night! Since I'm in here watching WWE Monday Night - I thought I would visit the websites I didn't get to this weekend. Plus I would like to get you saved in my google-reader before I miss anymore posts.

    Blessed Be ~ Tresa
    http://snewo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete