Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books. It's purpose is to take a look at what you have read in the past week, at what you are currently reading, and at what you intend to read. While this has been a good week, I really think I bit off more than I can chew and really should stay away from the library and the bookstore for a while. The review copies have been coming in, a few unexpectedly, and I am going to have to work hard to catch up (and I still have to do my regular day job). Unfortunately, my numbers didn't come up for the lottery so I still have to go to work in order to earn a living (sob, sob).

Here's what I read this week:
1) Mariana by Susanna Kearsley - This was a good old-fashioned time-traveling suspense story with all the elements you would expect.

2) Lone Star Legend by Gwendolyn Zepeda - A good fiction novel that really made me think about the whole blogging scene and the online entertainment scene.

3) Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning - All I can say is thank goodness there is only one book left in this series as I don't think I can handle the suspense of these endings any longer. I am getting too old for this!!!!!!!!

Currently Reading:
1) Beautiful Creatures - Wow!

2) The Moses Stone by James Becker

Intend to Read:
1) City Of Night by Michelle West - I got this as a review copy from Penguin. I loved the first book and can't wait to read this one.

2) O'Shaughnessey by Jeremy McGuire - Another review copy. It's about a leprechaun who is now grown with children of his own.

3) Soulless by Gail Carriger - I have been dying to read this.

Enjoy your reading week everyone! It's time to get back to Beautiful Creatures!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I loved Beautiful Creatures. I even convinced my sister to get it and she likes it so far.

    I hope you have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to finish Beautiful Creatures, I am enjoying it tremendously. I don't know what took me so long to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Soulless was totally off my radar, but now I'm seeing it everywhere. Hope you get to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're enjoying Beautiful Creatures - that is definitely on my must read list! I've not read anything by Karen Marie Moning but I'm interested in both of her series :o)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen Marie Moning is one of my favourite authors. I have enjoyed all of her books and have a special fondness for the MacKeltars who feature in a few of their books. I can't wait for book 5 of the Mac Lane series to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Creatures is on my wish list. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    Thanks for the follow from FF. I love your blog and am now following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - Librarys are dangerous places :) Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete