Sunday, March 28, 2010

Getting to Know You/Me

This looked like so much fun, I just had to try it.  Welcome to the Land of Mann hosts a weekly meme posting questions each week that you have to answer about yourself so other bloggers can get to know you a little bit better.  Today's post is a guest post by Ian over at The Daily Dose of Reality.


If you want to play, just copy the questions, answer them, and post your answers
at the above blog.

Have fun!


1) Why did you start blogging?

It just seemed like the natural thing to do once I started doing book reviews a year earlier.  I neede an outlet to express my opinions and simply reviewing books and posting them on someone else's blog wasn't enough anymore.  Besides, it looked like a lot of fun.

2) Who is the blog friend you would want most to meet in 'real life'?

Before she left, it would have been J. Kaye as I was in awe of her blog.  There are so many great blogs out there, I would like to meet so many of them and ask so many questions, it is hard to pick out any particular person anymore.

3) Why are you always concerned with losing that extra '10 pounds' when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you that you look just fine the way you are?

It has to do with you.  If you want to lose 10 pounds, then you need to do it for yourself if it makes you feel better.  If you feel fine, don't do it. 

4) What's the one thing you wish guys could understand about you?

We're pretty good now, but I know when I used to discuss something with my husband, he was always trying to solve my problems.  It took a long time before he finally understood that I could solve my own problems, just as well as he could, and that I just wanted him to LISTEN!

5) Tattoos.  How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your 'everyday' clothes?

None.  Although I am rethinking the issue.  I still remember my dad's face when he saw my sister's tattoo on her lower back for the first time when she was 18.  Priceless!

6) What was the best year of your life and why?

2000 and 2002.  It was the year my two babes were born.  There is nothing more thrilling than having children come into your life.  It was even better than the year I got married.  Sorry, love!

7) Name three things you would do if you were a man for one day.

Pee standing up, have a nap without feeling guilty, and watch someone else cook supper.  (I feel like I am doing my husband a disservice as he does a lot of other things around the house.) 

8) What's your alcholic beverage of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows?

Unfortunately, nada.  I usually drink Miami Vice's whenever I go away, like I just did in Jamaica last week.  They are half Pina Colada, half Daiquiri and a whole lotta rum!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Here from FF running behind this week

    Take a minute to check out my blog
    I Have a Misikko Hana flat Iron Giveaway Going over 100 dollar package and other giveaways also

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice getting to know you more. You are right on about the extra 10 pounds. It really is for us. Thanks for joining in with Friday Follow this week.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag You're it!

    Tagged your google friend connect

    ReplyDelete