Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Finds

Here are a couple of books that have already been published that I am looking forward to reading. This is a weekly meme hosted by Should be Reading. I found The 13th Hour in the bookstore as I was browsing and I discovered Hyddenworld at a friend's place when I was over for a visit. It was the green cover that drew my attention. Isn't it cool?


Spring (Hyddenworld, Book 1)
by William Horwood

The adventure of a lifetime is just beginning...

It has lain lost and forgotten for fifteen hundred years in the ancient heartland of England - a scrap of glass and metal melded by fierce fire. It is the lost core of a flawless Sphere made by the greatest of the Anglo-Saxon Craeftlords in memory of the one he loved. Her name was Springand, contained in the very heart of this work is a spark from the Fires of Creation.

But while humans have lost their belief in such things, the Hydden, little people existing on the borders of our world, have not. Breaking the silence of centuries they send one of their own, a young boy, Jack, to live among humans in the hope that he may one day find what has been lost for so long. His journey leads him to Katherine, a girl he rescues from a tragic accident - it's a meeting that will change everything.

Only one person understands the historic significance of what is happening. Disgraced astral-archaeologist Arthur Foale has long believed that the myths and legends of past times have a root in reality. His disappearance sets Jack and Katherine's feet on a path that will lead them on an adventure and a world beyond their imagination. It is only through their voyage to the dangerous Hyddenworld that they will realize their destiny, find love and complete the great quest that will save both their worlds from destruction.



The 13th Hour
by Richard Doetsch
A man is given the chance to go back in time in one hour increments to prevent the murder of his wife, a crime that the police think he committed.























6 comments:

  1. Happy FF!! I'm a new follower:) Come see me at my blog.
    Anat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Spring :)
    and The 13th Hour sounds great too, so I'll add that one on my tbr pile, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of 13th Hour before and it sounds really interesting but Spring looks like an awesome book. I am going to add that one to my TBR list. Great finds!

    Here are my Friday Finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd be happy to get either of these. Great finds! Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm making a stop from the Saturday Network. http://aprilnichole.com/


    The 13th Hour sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete