Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

One Persons Journey Through a Whole of Books is the host of a weekly meme that highlights the books you have read in the past week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you have the intention of reading in the week ahead. It's a way to get a focus on the enormous pile of books that you may have waiting for you. It's also a really fun way to see what everyone else is reading and to see what is out there.

If you comment on at least 10 other blog sites, you can earn an entry to win one book from Bookjourney's amazing Prize Box. So what are you waiting for? Head on over, participate, meet new people, learn about new books, and have a lot of fun doing it!

Books read this week:
1) Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C. Maze - I loved this book. A whole new twist on the vampire world.

2) Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Review coming shortly.

Books currently reading:
1) Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn

2) A Kiss of Fate by Mary Jo Putney

Books to be read:
1) The Moses Stone by James Becker - Review copy sent in the mail. I had intended to read this but extra work at my job left this on the shelf this week.

2) Beautiful Creatures

3) Fire by Kristin Cashore

4) Lone Star Legend by Gwendolyn Zepeda

I think this may be somewhat ambitious as work has been rearing its ugly head and I've had to stay later this past week and more than likely next week too. The literacy committee is in full swing trying to get the grade 10 students fully prepared for the OSSLT test in April. It seems kind of ironic that literacy at work is interrupting my own exploration of literacy at home, doesn't it?

13 comments:

  1. Kristin Cashore sounds like such a great author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Graceling. I have Fire on my stack for this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be checking back to see what you think about Kiss of Fate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be reading Beautiful Creatures this week too!! Enjoy your books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautitul Creatures seems to be the popular choice.

    My post
    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your description of Rabbit. I need to look at that one. Enjoy your week and your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopped by from Friday follow....nice to meet you :)

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your reading goals! I've heard lots of good things about Beautiful Creatures and Fire.

    Here's what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am hoping to read Beautiful Creatures soon. How did you like Graceling? I've read that one and Fire so I will be interested in your reviews.

    Here is what I am reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply must read Beautiful Creatures...I've been seeing it everywhere!

    My post:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to read A Kiss of Fate, I hope you like it! Can't wait to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just heard about another cool etymology book: The Lexicographer's Dilemma: The Evolution of 'Proper' English, from Shakespeare to South Park by Jack Lynch. Do you listen to the podcast for A Way With Words? If not, I think you'd really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice line-up, I really enjoyed Graceling and Fire, Graceling was one of my favourite reads in 2009. And you know how much I loved Beautiful Creatures, hope you get to it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete