Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, where we readers anxiously waiting upcoming releases.  It is a great way to discover new books and authors on other blogs and to discover the subject we love best, books.

Devoured (Hatton and Roumonde,
Book 1)
by D.E. Meredith
Release Date: October 26, 2010

London in 1856 is gripped by a frightening obssession.  The specimen collecting craze is growing, and discoveries in far-off jungles are reshaping the known world in terrible and unimaginable ways.  The new theories of evolution threaten to disrupt the fragile balance of power that keeps the sprawling city in chaotic order - a distruption that many would do about anything to prevent.

When the glamorous Lady Bessingham is found murdered in her bedroom, surrounded by her vast collections of fossils and tribal masks, Hatton and Roumonde are called in to examine the crime scene - and the body.  In the new and suspicious world of forensics and autopsy examinations, Hatton and Roumonde are the best.  In their efforts to help the infamous Inspector Adams track down the Lady's killer, Hatton and Roumonde uncover a trail of murders all connected to a packed of seditious letters that, if published, would change the face of society and religion irrevocably.

4 comments:

  1. oh wow, this sounds great. I'm liking the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks really interesting! love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished watching a vampire thing on television with my daughter -- I will simply have to tell her about this book! I'm kind of iffy on the stuff, but I sure love my girls, so I try to embrace what they love, or at least be open to it. How about something completely different? I was just telling my daughter about how I've ordered this YA Christmas book for her and her sisters: "Mary's Son: A Tale of Christmas" by Darryl Nyznyk. He wrote it for one of his own daughters! (Actually, he told it to her one Christmas and now it's a book. A teen thug eyes a girl's mansion for a pre-Christmas burglary. Their paths cross (obviously) and with the intervention of Nicholas, who whisks them off to another time and place to learn about a Christmas long ago, their lives are changed. I think it has elements of "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol," though those stories don't really consider the REAL meaning of Christmas, which is Christ's birth. This one does -- I think it will be quite the winner.

    And that's what I'm looking forward to this Wednesday, the first day of school, so really, the start to fall. And seeing as I'm seeing tons of Christmas books around the blogs, what a perfect day for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, that sounds absolutely fascinating and I'm going to check it out. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete