Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's Monday!!! What Are You Reading?

Sheila @ Book Journey hosts this wonderful weekly meme where we share the books we have read in the past week, the books we are currently reading, and the books we are looking forward to reading in the upcoming week.  It's a great way to share your love of reading with a great community of book bloggers and maybe see a few books/authors that you didn't know existed.

It's been a few weeks since I've participated in this meme as I've been on holidays and then the week leading up to getting two kids ready for a three-week trip to the United States and the week afterwards is just as busy.  But for the first time, instead of driving around Washington, DC, as per usual, we actually spent a couple of days there and I was so excited.  I'm always like that though and as I was driving in Washington at the time, I probably should not have taken my hands off the wheel to point at the Pentagon in childish excitement as that is a death wish, especially on a Friday afternoon.  But I couldn't help myself!!!!!

I'm currently reading Velocity by Alan Jacobson and part of the story takes place in Washington and for the first time, I could actually picture how it all looks instead of from movies or documentaries.

Karen Vail, the main character in this novel, rushes about Washington, looking for clues for her case, and of course ends up at Quantico and the Pentagon and Capitol Hill, all places I can finally envision.  I love it!!!

Anyways, we had a great time on our trip and I managed to get a lot of reading done, far more than when I was at home.  Myrtle Beach is a great place to relax and read, and I certainly enjoyed sitting by the pool, watching my kids swim, and reading a great book. 




Books I Read Last Week:

Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony - I love dystopian literature.  A good young adult novel for those who love the dystopian genre.

The Secret of Happiness by Demosthenes Armeniades - I loved this book and was caught off guard by the twists and turns and quirky characters.  It was definitely not what I was expecting.

Damaged by Pamela Callow - A legal thriller that had a lot of interesting characters, set in Halifax.  I'm not really a huge fan of legal thrillers, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one and can't wait until her next book is published in January.

The Poet Prince (Book 3, The Magdalene Line) - Not as good as the first two books, but still interesting.  Although touted as a trilogy, the ending definitely suggests another book may be in the works.  This book was somewhat disconnected in its storytelling, and I didn't enjoy it as much as the other two.

Books I Am Currently Reading:

April & Oliver by Tess Callaghan

Velocity by Alan Jacobson - I am almost finished, and I am having difficulty putting this one down.

The Thyssen Affair by Mozelle Richardson

Books I Am Planning to Read:

Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow

It's been an interesting few weeks and there is a lot to do in the next few months.  I have some product reviews coming up, some for Blogmania and some on my own as I have been approached by CSN Stores and by other companies to review some products.  It's exciting and busy too!!!  There are a few tours coming up in September and October and it's also back to work time. 

What are you reading?  And do you have any exciting projects lined up for fall?

Happy Reading Everyone!!!!

6 comments:

  1. April & Oliver is one of those books I want to read, but never make it to the top of the TBR pile. I hope that you enjoy it. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous week! I have The Thyssen Affair on my shelves. Have a brilliant week reading. My Monday is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-your-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good week for you! I haven't read any of the books that you have listed but oh they sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Dropping by from It's Time to Read! My Monday is here. Do come check it out!
    Hope the holiday was great! Have a good reading week :-) Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Velocity sounds really good, we visited Washington several years ago and you are right after you see the places for real it is so easy to envision them when reading a story.

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a lot of reading done but this week I have to hit the text books. Here's what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete