Saturday, February 5, 2011

IMM: I Love To Read

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.  It's been an interesting week, as well as a sad one for Canadian Book Distributors with the financial difficulties of H.B. Fenn being formally announced on Thursday.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone I've worked with at H.B. Fenn as you have been terrific, extremely generous, and I have really enjoyed our working relationship.  I really hope that everything will work out for this company.



Books I Received for Review:
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell
A Trail of Ink by Mel Starr
Other Eyes by Barbara D'Amato
The Damage Done by Hilary Davidson
The Four Stages of Cruelty by Keith Hollihan
Among Others by Jo Walton
The Summoner by Layton Green

Books From the Library:
The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston
The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card
The Goldsmith's Daughter by Kate Sedley (Audiobook)

I am still on my book buying ban and it was worked out fairly well.  I have no urge at the moment to go to Chapters or any other bookstore, and I have been spending more time in the library.  I have also discovered the e-library, which is pretty great, and have borrowed books to my ereader.  I need to go lightly however, so I don't neglect the review copies I have to read.  Book banning has been far easier than I thought it would be.  I even have many gift certificates lying around and haven't felt the need to use them.  I wonder if it would be different if we didn't have such a great library though!?  




2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you're managing such restraint on your book buying ban. (Probably because I've tried and failed at that.) I hope you enjoy the books you received this week, and I think it's awesome that the library systems are now offering e-books too! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do admire anyone who's refraining from book-buying. One of these days I may join you. But not today!

    ReplyDelete