Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WOW: Dorchester Terrace & The Thirteen Hallows

It's so great to be on holidays, and now the dilemna really begins:  What to read next?!?!?!  I have so many great books sitting in my TBR pile that I don't know what to read next or even where to begin.  I am also going through an historical fiction phase right now (don't know exactly where that came from); I figure as I'm travel deprived this summer as hubby and I agreed to stay put this summer, I am getting my culture fix through historical fiction.  But we have two big trips planned next summer and the budget can only stretch so far, so we are simply going through travel-tox right now.  I spent a great six days at our fabulous trailer (I love our new trailer, but I hesitate to call it that as it's more like a trottage now), and got very little reading accomplished.  And perhaps I need to explain the word 'trottage'; our trailer is 42 feet with two bedrooms and a loft, with one and a half baths, a dishwasher, a garbage disposal, full fridge, apartment style over, microwave, etc.  It's not what I would call camping by any stretch of the imagination and definitely a long shot from my old canoe-tripping days.  But we love it and it's our home-away-from-home.

Sorry for the gab, but I'm on holidays and the words are just flowing as I'm not under time restraints for a while.  Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, is a wonderful way to share upcoming releases that we are excited about reading.

Dorchester Terrace (Thomas Pitt, Book 27)
by Anne Perry
Release Date: September 1, 2011

I have read every Thomas Pitt novel and love these historical mysteries.

1896. Newly promoted to Head of Special Branch, Thomas Pitt is forced to face the danger his new position brings when he uncovers the work of a traitor in his department. Not knowing who to trust, he must unmask the conspirator, whist simultaneously protecting a suspected target, Austrian state visitor Duke Alois.


Meanwhile, Victor Narraway is investigating the mysterious death of Serafina Monserrat. Once the holder of many sensitive, political secrets, Serafina had suffered from dementia in her later years and Narraway is unsure whether what he has uncovered in his search for answers is the confused ramblings of an old woman, or a catastrophic plot which could trigger a war the likes of which the world has never seen before.

As the two investigations come ever closer it is clear that bluff and double-bluff are at play. When Pitt finally comes face to face with the suspected traitor will he, knowing the fate of the world is at stake, find the strength to stop the man by any means necessary?


The Thirteen Hallows
by Colette Freedman and Michael Scott
Release Date: December 6, 2011
I really like the cover of this book; it looks so intriguing.

4 comments:

  1. The new trailer sounds great! We have a pop-up here at home but rented an RV for a week on our recent trip to California (just got back - that's why I haven't been around for the past month). It's a bit cumbersome, but it was very nice having our bathroom, kitchen, and bed with us everywhere we went!

    Hope you are enjoying summer vacation so far and having fun choosing your books. I read some great ones on vacation.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to come and check out what you've read. Your trip sounds great. I haven't been to California as of yet, but would love to one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to know more about The Thirteen Hallows!!!! Curiousity!

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge Michael Scott fan and have seen a few of Colette Freedman's plays... funny and thought provoking. Am looking forward to seeing what this duo does together!

    ReplyDelete