Friday, June 4, 2010

Five Question Friday

I saw this on Simply Stacie's blog, hosted by My Little Life, and I thought this looked like fun so I decided to participate this week. 

Here are my answers:

1)  If you could go back to college/university would you change your major?  Or , if you were to go to college/university right now...what major would you choose?

I would not change my major as I really enjoyed my program.  I studied Kinesiology, with a minor in French Studies, and both of these programs were fantastic.  I met a lot of people, learned a lot of great things, and really had a great time.  You really get to know some unique and incredible people in a Kinesiology Program.  I studied with some World Champions in various sports, which was pretty cool and learned a lot of new techniques.  Unfortunately today, because French is in such dire need for teaching, I end up teaching French a lot more than Physical Education, but that's okay too.  At least I get to travel a lot.

If I could go back to school today, which I would do in a flash as I love to study, I would focus on my second love, archaeology.  I have always wanted to go back and finish my Ph.D in history or archaeology, but I don't really have the time.  Doing my M.Ed. was hard enough (I did it part-time while working full-time) and I think the stress would kill me.  If I won a million dollars however...oh, the possibilities.

2) What do you love most about your home?

My king-size bed.  I don't get enough sleep, but I love my bed as it's really comfortable and I look forward to going to sleep. 

I also love my backyard as it's quiet and peaceful.  I enjoy sitting out there, reading a book, and just relaxing.

3) What types of books do you like to read (if you like to read at all)?

A loaded question!! And where do I start?  I like to read pretty much anything, except for some westerns.  Those don't really interest me at all.  Anything else goes.  I haunt the bookstores and libraries in my area and tonight I am looking forward to visiting a new used bookstore that just opened up this week in my neighbourhood.  I will probably be one of his best customers. 

Lately, I've been on a historical fiction phase and am devouring and purchasing historical fiction, especially royal fiction.  I don't know why, but I tend to go with the flow.  I am currently reading a book about Catherine de Medici and have decided to post another of My Obssession With Castles posts soon about Chenonceaux, a chateau in France I have visited which features in the novel. 

4) What is the grossest thing you have ever eaten?

Extra-strength Tylenol with no water.  I had to chew them as I was desperate and had a migraine coming on.  I needed the three Tylenol now and couldn't find water anywhere in my car so I chewed them.  It was the grossest thing I have ever done and the taste stayed in my mouth for hours.   No amount of water, tea, anything afterwards could get rid of the taste.

5)  If you HAD to be a character on a TV show, whom would you be?

Sookie Stackhouse.  Why not?  She has all the supernatural characters after her, leads an exciting life, but hasn't changed over.  And who wouldn't want to hang around Erik all of the time????????????

0 comments:

Post a Comment