Saturday, November 27, 2010

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


My goal for 2010 was to read 100 books and I read quite a bit over that.  I stopped counting at 120, but it is not unusual for me to read that many books in one year.  I am a prolific reader, but I don't like to post about every book I read on my blog as it makes it seem more like a job and I don't ever want to make reading seem like a chore.  I would like to aim for 150 books this year and I know this is doable.    So, it is game on!!!!  Who knows?  Maybe I can reach 200 books in one year.  Except for the past couple of years, I don't think I've ever kept track of exactly how many books I've read in one year so this should be interesting.  The only challenge getting in my way is kids and work, kids and work, kids and work....you get the picture. (And sometimes hubby too (lol))!!!


Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge hosted by The Book Vixen

Details:


•Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.


•The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2011 than you did in 2010. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.


•Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).


•Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.


•You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.


•Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. Please include a link back to this post so readers can join the challenge too.


•You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on my wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011.


Levels:

Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books


I've decided to go for I'm on fire! and read 16+ more books than last year.  Last year I took a course in the summer and went on two trips which hampered my reading.  No course and no trips this year and I should have a lot more time for reading, hopefully.  Painting my house might get in the way, but really, who doesn't make time for reading at least once per day?  That's what an addiction is all about, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. I think I might try this. I keep a notebook where I write all the books I read in, the day I start and the day I finish. Think I'll go for Breaking a Sweat for now. Guess I'll have to count up how many books I've read in my notebook at the end of the year to know how many books total that is. I probably won't blog re-reads other than to say I've read them as part of my count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in the reading challenge! I chose the I'm on fire! level too :)

    ReplyDelete