After talking with other bloggers, J Kaye Book Blog and company have created the perfect challenge. If you don't have time to participate in a year long challenge, why not try one of these monthly challenges? It is called the 12 x 12 Challenge and it sounds like a lot of fun. All you have to do is read as many books as you can for the month in which you are participating.
In 2010, there will be 12 challenges, each one lasting one month, each hosted by a different blogger. You can sign up for all of them or as many as you like. No pressure, just fun!
For the month of February, head over to J Kaye Book Blog for all the information on the challenge and the rules. There is also a list of all the participating blogs for the entire challenge. You can sign up for February's challenge as well.
I think I will aim for at least 12 books in February. Hopefully I can do more, but we'll see.
1. The Seventh Witch by Shirley Damsgaard
2. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
3. Gifted: Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Marilyn Kaye
4. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
5. A Kiss of Fate by Mary Jo Putney
6. Gifted: Better Late Than Never by Marilyn Kaye
7. Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn
8. Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
9. Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
10. Lone Star Legend by Gwendolyn Zepeda
In March, Alaine from Queen of Happy Endings is the host of this year-long challenge that is broken down into monthly challenges. I have chosen to participate in all of the monthly challenges because I am crazy. Plus, it's a lot of fun!!! I didn't meet my quota of 12 in February, but I will aim for 15 in March.
1. Gone by Lisa McMann
2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margarat Stohl
3. Gifted: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow by Marilyn Kaye
4. Waking Up in The Land of Glitter by Kathy Cano-Murillo
5. Beguiled by Deeanne Gist & J. Mark Bertrand
6. Death at Glamis Castle by Robin Paige
7. The Moses Stone by James Becker
In April, Sheila from One Person's Journey Through A World of Books, is hosting the 12x12 monthly challenge. I didn't meet my quotas in either February or March, so I am determined to do so in April. I will attempt, yet again, to read 12 novels this month.
1. Need by Carrie Jones
2. Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
3. O'Shaughnessey: The Faerie Circle by Jeremy MacGuire
4. The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen
5. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
6. Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
7. The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
8. Murder Has No Class by Rebecca Kent
9. Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
10. Book of Souls by Glenn Cooper
11. Heresy by S.J. Parris