Thursday, September 15, 2011

Interview with Elizabeth Loraine

Curling Up By The Fire would like to welcome Elizabeth Loraine, author of Phantom Lives: Collier.  Her new book of an intended new series was released on August 18th, 2011, and features Abigail Black, an heiress who learns she is a powerful Gatekeeper who must train and develop powers she never knew she had in order to keep herself and others alive to protect a cause much greater than she ever would have thought.  Elizabeth is here today to discuss her new novel as well as discuss her future plans.  


1) To start off, can you tell me a little bit about yourself? How did you become interested in writing fiction/paranormal novels? Is there another genre you would like to pursue?
I became interested in YA fantasy/paranormal writing because it’s what I like to read myself. I just thought I could bring something new because what I wanted wasn’t out there.


2) Can you tell us a little about your novel, Phantom Lives?
Phantom Lives is about a young woman who finds out that the dreams she has been having since she was a child are of a real place and real people from her past life.

3) What inspired you to write Phantom Lives? How much research was involved in the writing?
I had a recurring dream as a child and I am sure now that it was from a past life. Research is always something that is intricate in my books. I love to tie in real historical facts and places into my stories. I also research names and their meanings to match characters, especially when they are from other countries.

4) What was your greatest challenge while writing this novel?
I don’t really find that writing is a challenge. Writing is a pleasure for me. The challenge comes after the work is finished. Editing, marketing, etc.

5) In this novel, we are introduced to some very interesting and intriguing characters. Who was the most fun to write about? Which character presented the biggest challenge?
The ghosts and Immortals are the most fun. Abbi was the most challenging because she is the lead character, she has to carry the entire work.

6) What are 3 things that are 'must haves' when you write? Do you have any writing rituals?
I have to have my research although I am constantly stopping to look things up that are a new idea/character/location. My laptop and a note pad to write down ideas etc.

7) Can you share with us any projects that you are currently working on or plans for the future? What can fans expect next from you?
I am currently hard at work on book six of my YA vampire series Royal Blood Chronicles which will be out later this fall. Then I plan to expand a novella that I wrote last year called Lillian about a character idea by Bertena Varney a good friend of mine and then Book Two of Phantom Lives.

8) Favorite authors? Anne Rice, Clive Cussler, Steven Berry.

9) What do you like to do when you are not writing? What is your ultimate luxury?
I love to cook and work in my gardens. My ultimate luxury is doing nothing!

10) Is there anything else you would like to share with your readers?
I love them all. They are so supportive and loyal and I am so happy that they like my work.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment