Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey where book bloggers get a chance to share the books we read, those we are currently reading, and those we want to/need to read next.  For me, it's a great way to focus on what I would like to read next, as well as what I really have to read next, to take a look at what commitments I've made.  It also provides me with a reason to peruse that TBR shelf that I don't look at often enough due to other reading commitments.

I haven't really participated in these memes too much this summer and I've missed participating.  I've been away most of the summer at my trailer, what my husband and I have nicknamed our 'trottage'.  I really enjoy it there, and during the week, when it's not quite as busy, it's very peaceful and quiet.  The kids and I love spending time there and as we didn't go away this summer, it's been our home-away-from-home.  We've spent many a pleasant evening with friends around the campfire, and soon it will be coming to an end.  In October, we close her up for the season and it's always a little depressing.  But for now, even with school starting next week, we know we still have a few weekends to escape from the rush that school brings on when everything starts again, and get to spend a few more nights around the campfire chatting with friends.  I thought I would get more reading done this summer than I did, but I've been busy doing a lot of little things that really ate up into my reading time.  And the weather has been so beautiful, it's been really difficult to settle down with a book when I could be wandering around chatting with neighbours, or doing other things.  I was actually happy when it rained all day last week, as it gave me a great excuse to sit in a chair all day and read. 

What I Read This Week:
The Last Seal by Richard Denning
The Egyptian by Layton Green
Tempest in the Tea Leaves by Kari Lee Townsend
Symphony for the Devil by Justin Gustainis

What I am Currently Reading:
The Legacy by Katherine Webb
Queen By Right by Anne Easter Smith
The Sixes by Kate White

Up Next:
The Paradise Prophecy by Robert Browne

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you do heavy reading!
    I'll have to look up some of these titles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm am in LOVE with your blog layout!! Gorgeous! New follower here!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, rain can be a great excuse for some undisturbed reading time!

    Hope you have a good week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Queen By Right as much as I did. Have a fantastic week and happy reading.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very tempted by Tempest in the Tea Leaves...and want to read The Sixes. Kate White is an author I've enjoyed.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Crime Seen by Victoria Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reading happening here!!! Enjoy!!!

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to have a get away place. I've seen The Egyptian all over lately. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing summer. I can't wait to read Queen By Right, hopefully in the next week or two.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through, have a wonderful week ;)

    ReplyDelete