Monday, June 7, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I had a very interesting week, with lots of little upsets that seemed to get in the way of my reading this week.  My water heater went on the blitz this week and after two days of cold showers, I was ready to head to a hotel and stay there, but luckily the Direct Energy man was able to finally fix it on the third day.  It does not leave one in a mood to read though.  Exams are coming up and my students have ISU presentations this week so I feel guilty if I read as I have so many other things to do. 

I do love this meme though, hosted by Sheila of One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, as it helps keep me focused on what I need to accomplish during the upcoming week.  It's also such a fantastic way of discovering other great blogs, seeing what other bloggers are reading, reading interesting reviews and posts, and just generally doing one of the things I love best, discussing books.

This is what I finished last week:

Except the Dying by Maureen Jennings - I like to promote Canadian literature whenever I can, and this murder mystery set in 1895 Toronto was great. 

They Called Themselves the KKK: The Birth of An American Terrorist Group by Susan Campbell Bartoletti - Another amazing Young Adult non-fiction book from a fabulous author.   Look for my upcoming giveaway of this book.

Currently Reading:

A Wretched Man:  A Novel of Paul the Apostle by R.W. Holmen - I am enjoying this, but it's deep.

Ravished by a Highlander by Paula Quinn - Not one of my usual reads, but I love reading about Scottish Highlanders.  A lot of fun.

Reign Check (Demon Princess) by Michelle Rowan - I am enjoying this one so far. 

What I Need to Read:

Sea by Heidi R. Kling - I am really looking forward to this one.

Flirting with Forever by Gwen Cready

How is your reading going? 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about your water heater problems but you did read some good stuff. I hope this week is better. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get more time to read this week. I am excited about reading Sea too. I will have to check out your review of the Susan Campbell Bartoletti book. She is very talented at writing nonfiction for YAs.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your crazy week! Cold showers are not the best thing unless it's over 100 degrees outside. Blah, at least they fixed it.

    Flirting with Forever looks great! Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt realise the KKK book was YA! May check it out after all.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate it when "life" gets in the way of reading books! Dang that water heater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning a prize at Build A Beautiful Blog Week!

    I'm a new follower and looking forward to reading more on your blog.

    Thank you for entering-

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete